P, Potassium Phosphate Fertilizer KH2PO4
Potassium Phosphate is a key Macronutrient vital for plant growth. Potassium Phosphate should be used in conjunction with macronutrients N and K as well as with Micronutrient fertilizer.
Analysis: (KH2PO4 – 5.5%)
- KH2PO4 - Δppm/1pump/10gal = +2.9ppm
- 1 pump, 2cc, contains 110mg dissolved KH2PO4
- 1 pump per 10 gal raises KH2PO4 concentration by 2.9ppm
- Dose 1 pump per 10 gallons twice weekly.
- Dose 1 pump per 10 gallons every other day for densely planted high-tech tanks with CO2 injection
- If algae growth increases reduce dosage
- Dose 1 pump per 10 gallons of new water before water changes.
Analysis breakdown: (K – 2.0%) (P – 2.5%) (PO4 – 1.0%)
- K, Potassium - Δppm/1pump/10gal = +1.06ppm
- P, Phosphorus - Δppm/1pump/10gal = +1.32ppm
- PO4, Phosphate - Δppm/1pump/10gal = +0.53ppm
Keeping 3-5ppm dissolved KH2PO4 (0.5-1ppm PO4) is optimal for high-tech planted tanks with CO2 injection.
Keep KH2PO4 as a limiting factor for plant growth if algae occur. Excess Nitrate and Phosphate Macronutrients can contribute to algae growth and dosage should be reduced if algae growth increases.