N, Potassium Nitrate Fertilizer KNO3
Potassium Nitrate is a key Macronutrient vital for plant growth. Potassium Nitrate should be used in conjunction with macronutrients P and K as well as with Micronutrient fertilizer.
Analysis: (KNO3 – 23.15%)
- KNO3 - Δppm/1pump/10gal = +12.23ppm
- 1 pump, 2cc, contains 463mg dissolved KNO3
- 1 pump per 10 gal raises KNO3 concentration by 12.23ppm
- Dose 1 pump per 10 gallons twice weekly.
- Dose 1 pump per 10 gallons every other day for densely planted high-tech tanks with CO2 injection
- If algae growth increases reduce dosage
- Dose 1 pump per 10 gallons of new water before water changes.
Analysis breakdown: (K – 7.85%) (N – 2.80%) (NO3 – 12.45%)
- K, Potassium - Δppm/1pump/10gal = +4.15ppm
- N, Nitrogen - Δppm/1pump/10gal = +1.48ppm
- NO3, Nitrate - Δppm/1pump/10gal = +6.58ppm
Keeping 10-20 ppm dissolved KNO3 (5-10 ppm NO3) is optimal for high-tech planted tanks with CO2 injection.
Keep KNO3 as a limiting factor for plant growth if algae occur. Excess Nitrate and Phosphate Macronutrients can contribute to algae growth and dosage should be reduced if algae growth increases.